Monday 5 March 2012

Unit 5_Animation_Script concept.


The difficulty here is making the toaster astonished, making it look astonished shouldn’t be an issue, however the cause of said astonishment is a mite troublesome.
Idea 1: The toaster is new, comes out of it’s box and as such has never functioned as a toaster, and therefore doesn’t know it’s raison d’etre.
Opening scene, toaster comes out of the box, shall be tricky to animate hands and fiddly geometry. Gets plugged in (off camera) and has bread inserted.
Scene 2, toast reacts wildly to having bread inserted. I’m thinking some sort of rodeo, bucking bull display obviously hampered by the fact it’s plugged in.
Scene 3, after much struggling the toast pops up and out. Astonished, I want the toaster to examine and sniff it like a curious puppy, then (although i’m unsure how to resolve this) the toaster realises it’s purposes and settles down.
Let me know what you think, I believe this idea is pretty strong, but am acutely aware that it is (like all my best ones) the first out of my head.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Simon,

    Creative partner stitch here reporting for duty! Your idea is intriguing and could well function for the 1 minute we are required to produce.

    That being said I wonder if the toaster jumping for joy when it has toast popped in it is a good enough logic for astonishment.

    If it were me and I was a toaster I'd be astonished by being let out of the box. You could have a gift wrapped toaster in a box & when hes let out hes astonished...

    Just an idea but I think ur astonishment lies away from the toast angle.

    :) Other then that I'm glad to see you have ideas flowing already GUUUD STUFF!!!

    ReplyDelete