Tuesday 8 January 2013

Life Drawing: Jane

Some standard warm up's. Six two minute studies.










The following studies concentrate on feelings, poses chosen by the model and the feelings chosen by Chris. 

Immediately below is sorrow. I tried to convey the weight, accentuating the curve of the models back and the negative space between limbs and torso in an attempt to represent emptiness.


Nervousness is represented below in a 25 minute study. I taped the pencil to a paintbrush and sketched with arm outstretched and slightly off balance to represent the physical and emotional effects of the condition. 




Sorrow is represented in this standing study. I used minimal mark making and completed the study quickly, content that I conveyed the emotion in a competent way.




All in all a good evenings work I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment